Error when running on jboss-jjp-6.1, Module org.slf4j:gatein not found.

Kjetil Nygård

Sep 28, 2013, 5:15:48 PM9/28/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to get juzu to run on jboss-jpp-6.1 (pretty much the same as gatein-4.0 on jboss 7.2).

I made my test-application with archetype-generator for juzu, and have not done any changes that should affect this.

I get the following error:

23:07:38,662 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.module.service."deployment.juzu-weld.war".main: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.module.service."deployment.juzu-weld.war".main: JBAS018759: Failed to load module: deployment.juzu-weld.war:main
    at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ModuleLoadService.start(ModuleLoadService.java:92) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
    at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.4.GA-redhat-1]
    at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.4.GA-redhat-1]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_40]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_40]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724) [rt.jar:1.7.0_40]
Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: org.slf4j:gatein
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.addPaths(Module.java:949) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.link(Module.java:1304) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
    at org.jboss.modules.Module.relinkIfNecessary(Module.java:1332) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
    at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:226) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
    at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ModuleLoadService.start(ModuleLoadService.java:71) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
    ... 5 more

Does anyone know where org.slf4j:gatein come from? How to fix it?

Regards,

kny

Kjetil Nygård

Sep 29, 2013, 4:44:36 PM9/29/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
After experimenting a little bit, I did the following:

  1. I unziped the war generated by juzu.
  2. Edited the file WEB-INF/jboss-deployment-structure.xml
    1. Removed the reference to org.slf4j:gatein
  3. Redeployed the application.

After that it deployed fine by GateIn on Jboss-eap 6.1 (Jboss-jpp-6.1).

But it would not run because it did not have the right weld-classes.

Is there a way to supply a customized jboss-deployment-structure.xml?

PS: Would it be a good idea to either melt the .jar into the .war, or make it a standard maven deploy with two modules and a parent?

Julien Viet

Sep 30, 2013, 5:54:31 PM9/30/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

1/ "Is there a way to supply a customized jboss-deployment-structure.xml?"

you can create a BOM for jpp-6.1 (http://juzuweb.org/reference/index.html#_using_the_juzu_maven_em_bom_em). If you could contribute it it could be awesome.

2/ "Would it be a good idea to either melt the .jar into the .war, or make it a standard maven deploy with two modules and a parent?"

I don't understand what you mean

3/ since 0.7.0 you can use "provided" CDI

It means that Juzu does not embed anymore CDI but instead uses CDI from the runtime (in this case JPP). I think it is the way to go in a runtime that provides a native CDI.  To enable it you should have a beans.xml in your WEB-INF (even empty). That will enable CDI for your war file and Juzu should be able to use it. Two things to be aware of:

- it is a beta feature at the moment but it has been reported to work successfully by Maxime
- you lose the live mode in provided CDI (because the runtime manages the life cycle of the application).

Julien Viet

Sep 30, 2013, 5:56:56 PM9/30/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
also with 3/ you don't need any CDI jar (and its dependencies) at all, since CDI is native.