[Juzu] The Eclipse saga goes on

Damien B

Sep 27, 2013, 5:38:10 AM9/27/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
still working in Eclipse: we slowly progress.
Stacktrace of the day:
11:21:13:708 [ProcessingContext] Copying asset from source path
file:/C:/shared/projects/test/workspace/test_project/src/main/java/test/portlet1/assets/javascripts/jquery.min.js
to class output
file:/C:/shared/projects/test/workspace/test_project/target/classes/test/portlet1/assets/javascripts/jquery.min.js
11:21:13:708 [BaseProcessor] Compilation error: Writing to a
non-generated file is not permitted
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Writing to a non-generated file is not
permitted
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.apt.pluggable.core.filer.IdeInputFileObject.openOutputStream(IdeInputFileObject.java:97)
at
juzu.impl.plugin.asset.AssetMetaModelPlugin.prePassivate(AssetMetaModelPlugin.java:118)
at
juzu.impl.plugin.asset.AssetMetaModelPlugin.prePassivate(AssetMetaModelPlugin.java:46)
at
juzu.impl.metamodel.MetaModelContext.prePassivate(MetaModelContext.java:246)
at
juzu.impl.plugin.application.metamodel.ApplicationModuleMetaModelPlugin.prePassivate(ApplicationModuleMetaModelPlugin.java:260)
at
juzu.impl.plugin.application.metamodel.ApplicationModuleMetaModelPlugin.prePassivate(ApplicationModuleMetaModelPlugin.java:55)
at
juzu.impl.metamodel.MetaModelContext.prePassivate(MetaModelContext.java:246)
at
juzu.impl.plugin.module.metamodel.ModuleMetaModel.prePassivate(ModuleMetaModel.java:90)
at
juzu.impl.metamodel.MetaModelProcessor.doProcess(MetaModelProcessor.java:109)
at juzu.impl.compiler.BaseProcessor.process(BaseProcessor.java:170)

My understanding is that since this is a resource present in the
sources, Eclipse enforces its juridiction in managing the build lifecycle.
From what I understand, AssetMetaModelPlugin.prePassivate should be a
noop under Eclipse, am I correct?

Damien

Julien Viet

Sep 27, 2013, 6:03:28 AM9/27/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
somehow yes.

this copy is a facility making easier development with oracle java compiler

perhaps it should be better to check if the file already exists before trying to write it and if it does have the same content.

Damien B

Sep 27, 2013, 8:25:55 AM9/27/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
Le 27/09/2013 12:03, Julien Viet a �crit :
> somehow yes.
>
> this copy is a facility making easier development with oracle java compiler
>
> perhaps it should be better to check if the file already exists before trying to write it and if it does have the same content.

Hmm, I'm not sure whether we should check it, because, even if we found
a difference, we still wouldn't be able to override the content of the
resource in the output file, so everything we would be able to do is
notify somehow the user that somehow, Eclipse failed at synchronizing
the output with the input, which is not at all Juzu specific (and I
personally feel that it's outside of the scope of a processor tool).
I'll submit a patch later in the day, I still have some cases to test.

Damien

Julien Viet

Sep 27, 2013, 11:31:49 AM9/27/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
ok.

Damien B

Sep 27, 2013, 11:32:37 AM9/27/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
Pull Request 48 ^^;

Le 27/09/2013 17:31, Julien Viet a �crit :
> ok.
>

> On Sep 27, 2013, at 2:25 PM, Damien B <night...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 27/09/2013 12:03, Julien Viet a �crit :

Julien Viet

Sep 27, 2013, 11:34:22 AM9/27/13
to ju...@googlegroups.com
wouah, that's pull request day of Juzu, first time ever, I'll celebrate with champaign tonight.

I will review it and merge it.

I will likely do a release early next week with a couple of other fixes.

thanks for your contribution.

Julien