Using Ampache with Justplayer v4.0.75

florian...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2014, 3:19:12 PM12/7/14
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I've been using Justplayer for quite a year now as a client for my ampache server. I really liked the app and even donate after the extensive used I've made of it.

However, since I updated to the latest version (4.0.75) I cannot stream music from m Ampache server.

I followed the instruction there: http://justplayer-dev.blogspot.de/2014/11/ampache-setting-check-point.html and the app connecst to the Ampache server but it doesn't seems to retrieve the database from the server. Is there an additional step I'm missing?

My Ampache database is quite big and in the previous version Justplayer used to retrieve it once for all. It took quite a log time (~20min), can it be that the new version is retrieving the ampache database everytime I want to display the music I have and therefore noothing appareas since the retrieve take too much time?

Best,
Florian

yokmama

Dec 7, 2014, 8:33:39 PM12/7/14
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi

The new JustPlayer do not have an internal the index of Ampache, you do not need to read beforehand.

Instead, I will access to every time Ampache.
In setting, After the save authentication of Ampache is successful, Ampache will be added to the side menu.
If, this must have been displayed, perhaps there is a mistake in setting.

Access to the Ampache is it should not be a problem even in large databases because access by 100 cases in default.

Please contact us if any problem. You need to get to help in some test, but to me there is a ready for the resolved.

Thanks,

---
yield return new WaitForSeconds(夜子まま)

florian.aspart

Dec 9, 2014, 11:12:56 AM12/9/14
to justpla...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

yes I can see the "Ampache" button in te side menu.
When I click on it, it open an empty page with "Ampache" written on the top and a "Pick" button but anything else. Is it where my ampache library should appear?
As I said, in the last version dowloading the database took a long time (~20min), probably due to the fact that the database is quite big and it is running on a Raspberry Pi ( i.e. no powerful server), could it be thhat I need to wait such a long time to see my library?

Is there some log file saved anywhere on the phone that could help me debugging it?

Best,
florian

yokmama

Dec 9, 2014, 7:43:11 PM12/9/14
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I also know the other, it is using the Raspberry Pi user
In the case of the user is slow but It was running.

Will we know it very slow when the index often search in low memory PC.

As a workaround in that case, I have to be able to set the number of one-time request.
You could change the number of requests in the setting of Ampache
The default is 100.
Please this test to try to set to 50.

Thanks,

Florian Aspart

Dec 11, 2014, 5:40:35 AM12/11/14
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

setting the number of request to 50 did not work :(
It is strange, in the ampache settig menu, it it written "Confirmed" close to the "check" button, but I cannot see my library anywhere.

Best,
florian

yokmama

Dec 11, 2014, 9:06:15 PM12/11/14
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Cause I do not know.
I might be know the cause if possible test on your server.

But now, I am implementing a feature that can be created in pre all cache.
Maybe then, it might be solved by this.

Thanks.

Florian Aspart

Dec 12, 2014, 4:05:44 AM12/12/14
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for your answer.
By default, there is no log file created by the client to see if something goes bad during the connection?

Then, I'll wait for the pre all cache features then. Hopefully it will work for me!

Florian

Florian Aspart

Jan 8, 2015, 3:11:56 AM1/8/15
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

so it is still not working for me, but on the new version, now the app display the following message when I try to open my ampache library:

expected start tag notEND_DOCUMENT
null@1:1 in
java.io.inputStreamReader@42a57cd8

The last code after the "@" changes everytime I try to open the library. It might be some connection ID.
Any idea?

Best,
Florian

yokmama

Jan 8, 2015, 3:23:29 AM1/8/15
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Florian

Can you take a picture?
Because situation do not understand it is I want the image.

Thanks.

Florian Aspart

Jan 12, 2015, 8:45:17 AM1/12/15
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it looks like that ( this is when I click on "Ampache" on the side menu)

Best,
Florian
Ampache.png

nick....@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2015, 9:04:39 AM2/3/15
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I recently started using Ampache and searched for a Android app that can connect to it. I've been trying to get Just Player to work with Ampache but it fails in a similar way as described in this thread.
I can successfully connect Just Player to my Ampache server (Checked) but it never loads my music, I get a blank screen.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [03/Feb/2015:15:00:48 +0100] "GET /ampache/server/xml.server.php?auth=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&version=350001&user=xxxx&timestamp=1422972046&action=handshake HTTP/1.1" 200 141 "-" "Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 5.0.2; GT-I9505 Build/LRX22G)"

This is the only line I find which is coming from Just Player. Any clues why I cannot use my Ampache with Just Player?

Rgds,
N.

yokmama

Feb 3, 2015, 9:21:44 AM2/3/15
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
Hi nick.rosier,

What is the version of Just Player?
One in the previous version, there was a bug that authentication settings are not reflected.

It might have been fixed in 4.1.105.
You can check the "Information about the application" on Setting.

There are also other possibilities.
Please tell me the environment in my personal e-mail( hijirin...@gmail.com ).
I will need to research cooperation.

Thanks.

Nick Rosier

Feb 6, 2015, 4:45:13 AM2/6/15
to justpla...@googlegroups.com
With the help of the developer I was able to track down the problem.

A default Ampache installation doesn't seem to have a default ACL for RPC-API so default = DENY. After adding an ACL the problem was gone.

Thanks a lot to yokmama.

N.