Playing streaming video on iOS

falco...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2012, 7:01:35 PM8/14/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I want to make an iOS app, that will be able to play the streams. Is there a way to obtain valid url for the stream/playlist? As i understand such functionality already exists and provided exclusive for Twitch iPad for now.

Mike Ossareh

Aug 14, 2012, 7:07:33 PM8/14/12
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We don't support iOS outside of our in house API's for it. This is something that we may do later on, but it is not a high priority for us.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM, <falco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I want to make an iOS app, that will be able to play the streams. Is there a way to obtain valid url for the stream/playlist? As i understand such functionality already exists and provided exclusive for Twitch iPad for now.

Mike Ossareh

Apr 4, 2013, 2:01:38 PM4/4/13
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com, falco...@gmail.com
Not yet.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:20 AM, <w...@okcupidlabs.com> wrote:
On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:01:35 PM UTC-7, falco...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to make an iOS app, that will be able to play the streams. Is there a way to obtain valid url for the stream/playlist? As i understand such functionality already exists and provided exclusive for Twitch iPad for now.

Is this available yet?

Mike Ossareh

May 23, 2013, 2:13:09 PM5/23/13
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com, falco...@gmail.com
Please send Twitch API related messages to the Twitch API mailing list =)

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013, wrote:
Twitch API in some form would be brilliant. Project in the works which would really favour this!

boga...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2013, 4:47:39 PM6/25/13
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com, falco...@gmail.com
are you guys thinking about doing this at all? or should i give up :(

Mike Ossareh

Jun 26, 2013, 3:22:21 PM6/26/13
to justintv-ap...@googlegroups.com, Sergey Falcon
We (Twitch) have the ability to let app devs drop our streams into their app. We're working on polishing that (it got slowed down on account of our recent xbox work). Once we have that sorted out I see no reason that the JTV guys couldn't use it (given it is a shared video backend).