One more Q...Choosing Wrong Image

1 view

Captain Nordic

Sep 10, 2008, 2:18:29 PM9/10/08
to JustHumans
So, in testing, when I purposely choose the WRONG image requested, it
still takes me to the same "Thank you" page just like in choosing the
correct image. (But I don't receive any email submission). Is there a
way to keep people from accidentally choosing the WRONG image, but not
knowing they did and get to the confirmation page anyway, so they have
no way of knowing that their submission didn't go through?

Thanks again,

Mark

Anders Brownworth

Sep 10, 2008, 4:34:55 PM9/10/08
to justh...@googlegroups.com
We don't show the user that he picked the wrong or the right thing so we don't help spammers problematically figure out which picture is which. I am, however, reconsidering that. In the event of a bad image select, I am considering going to a confirm page.

As this would be a major change, I will probably make it an option that can be turned on so people's older forms continue to work as they did.

-a
--
-Anders
Anders Brownworth

Captain Nordic

Sep 10, 2008, 5:14:02 PM9/10/08
to JustHumans
Thanks. I would recommend that.

Finally, is there any way to remove a "TEST" form that's in my
account? I put it as inactive, but was wondering if there's a way to
get rid of it altogether.

Thanks again so much for your help and prompt replies.

On Sep 10, 1:34 pm, "Anders Brownworth" <ander...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We don't show the user that he picked the wrong or the right thing so we
> don't help spammers problematically figure out which picture is which. I am,
> however, reconsidering that. In the event of a bad image select, I am
> considering going to a confirm page.
>
> As this would be a major change, I will probably make it an option that can
> be turned on so people's older forms continue to work as they did.
>
> -a
>
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Captain Nordic <imnxc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > So, in testing, when I purposely choose the WRONG image requested, it
> > still takes me to the same "Thank you" page just like in choosing the
> > correct image. (But I don't receive any email submission). Is there a
> > way to keep people from accidentally choosing the WRONG image, but not
> > knowing they did and get to the confirmation page anyway, so they have
> > no way of knowing that their submission didn't go through?
>
> > Thanks again,
>
> > Mark
>
> --
> -Anders
> Anders Brownworthhttp://www.anders.com/
> ander...@gmail.com

Anders Brownworth

Sep 10, 2008, 10:04:21 PM9/10/08
to justh...@googlegroups.com
I don't have form delete working just yet. Because many things (like posts) are attached to the forms in the database, this isn't quite as simple as it might seem. Believe it or not, I think you're the first person who has asked so I'll put it on the list of things to do.

-a