How to change notification@justhumans.com sender email ?

sandraqu

Oct 20, 2011, 11:15:13 AM10/20/11
to JustHumans
How do I change notifi...@justhumans.com sender email?

Anders Brownworth

Oct 20, 2011, 11:52:05 AM10/20/11
to justh...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately that isn't possible at this point for spam reasons. The JustHumans.com mail server is authorized to send emails from the JustHumans.com domain but not your domain. If it were to send emails on behalf of you, other mail servers would notice this and reject the messages. Eventually this would lead to JustHumans.com being blacklisted as a mail server impacting everyone. I know it isn't the most convenient thing but in the interest of making sure notification emails actually go out reliably, I've done things this way.

That said, I would be open to working on an authorized senders list if you were to mark the JustHumans.com mail server as authorized to send mail for your domain. (by the use of an SPF record in DNS) If you are interested and creating SPF records doesn't scare you, send a note in on the contact section of JustHumans.com and I can work on doing an alpha program to support this.

-Anders

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM, sandraqu <san...@gmail.com> wrote:
How do I change notifi...@justhumans.com sender email?

-Anders