safari and cname issues

johnnycat

Aug 29, 2009, 6:04:02 PM8/29/09
to JustHumans
have multiple sites with probably 100's of contact forms. i like your
form and i have been using it a lot...but i still have fits getting it
to work on mac side (safari). i have sites hosted at many different
isp's but most are at godaddy...hostmonster and hostway/valueweb
(terrible). i have setup and used your forms on most of my sites...and
i am very familiar with cnames (setting up and using). i have for the
first time tried to setup this for a subdomain on godaddy. it works on
the primary domain but cannot get it to work on the sub...any
suggestions? also...i notice some isp / hosts have said they require
an Arecord be setup in conjunction with the cname....pointing
verify.justhumans.com towards an ip. but....i imagine you probably
change your ip from time to time yea? thanks - troy

Anders Brownworth

Aug 29, 2009, 8:43:56 PM8/29/09
to justh...@googlegroups.com
Technically, a subdomain should work fine. Do you have an example we can look at?

Yes, the verify.justhumans.com IP has changed and will change in the future. I do my own DNS so I'm not familiar with whatever draconian requirements the DNS hosting services pose, but if the CNAME is somehow required to point to a valid A record _within your domain_, then that would be... unfortunate. Is that the way your hosted DNS provider works?

-Anders
--
-Anders
Anders Brownworth