ColdFusion

1 view

RussianLife

Jul 29, 2008, 9:50:52 AM7/29/08
to JustHumans
Very strange. I got this working quite nicely and easily with our new
subscriber form (a cfinclude on our main page www.russianlife.com and
lots of sub pages). But then I tried it with our address change form,
and this time it did not re-transmit the data, throwing CF errors
saying the variables were absent.

The two forms both use CFFORM and CFINPUT with validation, so there is
no difference there. Any ideas?

Great service, btw.

PR

Anders Brownworth

Jul 29, 2008, 10:31:16 AM7/29/08
to justh...@googlegroups.com
PR,

Do you have URLs we can take a look at?

Thanks.

-Anders
--
-Anders
Anders Brownworth

Anders Brownworth

Jul 29, 2008, 11:07:02 AM7/29/08
to justh...@googlegroups.com
Aah ha! I'm seeing a cold fusion variable error on this page:

http://www.russianlife.com/contact.cfm

Apparently there is a cold fusion variable called "RANDOMNUMBER" that is undefined. Presumably this is from another form spam avoidance technique. I suggest you just remove that and the supporting field "What is ten minus..."

Best,

Anders

Anders Brownworth

Jul 30, 2008, 8:38:20 AM7/30/08
to justh...@googlegroups.com
I'm not seeing any JustHumans code on these two URLs. Do you have test pages somewhere else?

-Anders

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:54 AM, RussianLife <pa...@russianlife.net> wrote:
Actually, that was a another problem (yes, a good captcha system I
created that worked for us for awhile, but had other problems).
Thought I had taken out all remnants, but guess not. Two forms have a
problem

http://www.russianlife.com/addchg.cfm
Error messages say variables are missing from form, but they are
there. somehow not getting transmitted to the posting template. Did
everything the same way as for the subscription form, which works
fine...

PR