I need urgent help

Karenn

Apr 10, 2009, 2:39:29 PM4/10/09
to JustHumans
I have set up my HTML page, and added my code given to me by
JustHumans I added the code, after the code given, but when I press
preview - which in the tutorial it says, it should direct me to my
Registration page.. It does not work and comes up with: <form><script
language="JavaScript"
src="http://verify.justhumans.com/verification.js?
k=d5226254607fcb621e9cd28cb878a6fb"><form method=''post''></script></
form>

Anders Brownworth

Apr 10, 2009, 2:40:52 PM4/10/09
to justh...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a URL we could look at?

-a
--
-Anders
Anders Brownworth

Karenn

Apr 10, 2009, 2:42:54 PM4/10/09
to JustHumans
http://barkingmad.dogboard.net/forum.htm

^ Theres my forum - the url I need to get the spam stopped :)

On Apr 10, 7:40 pm, Anders Brownworth <ander...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have a URL we could look at?
>
> -a
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Karenn
> <barkingmadenquir...@hotmail.co.uk>wrote:
>

> > I have set up my HTML page, and added my code given to me by
> > JustHumans I added the code, after the code given, but when I press
> > preview - which in the tutorial it says, it should direct me to my
> > Registration page.. It does not work and comes up with: <form><script
> > language="JavaScript"
> > src="http://verify.justhumans.com/verification.js?
> > k=d5226254607fcb621e9cd28cb878a6fb<http://verify.justhumans.com/verification.js?%0Ak=d5226254607fcb621e9...>"><form
> > method=''post''></script></
> > form>
>
> --
> -Anders
> Anders Brownworthhttp://www.anders.com/
> ander...@gmail.com

Anders Brownworth

Apr 10, 2009, 3:02:04 PM4/10/09
to justh...@googlegroups.com
I don't see a JustHumans form there. Do you have an example page with a form that doesn't work?

-a

Karenn

Apr 10, 2009, 3:32:46 PM4/10/09
to JustHumans
Err I have set up the page, but when I was trying to add the HTML page
on my forum it wouldn't work?

On Apr 10, 8:02 pm, Anders Brownworth <ander...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see a JustHumans form there. Do you have an example page with a form
> that doesn't work?
>
> -a
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Karenn
> <barkingmadenquir...@hotmail.co.uk>wrote:
> ander...@gmail.com

Anders Brownworth

Apr 10, 2009, 3:50:07 PM4/10/09
to justh...@googlegroups.com
What kind of forum is this? Doesn't look like PHP. You'll need to be able to edit the HTML that your form site produces. Its hard to help you anymore without any more detail...

-a

Karenn

Apr 10, 2009, 4:22:27 PM4/10/09
to JustHumans
My forum is with Forumotion. Could you over the Register link for me
please, and find the Shortcut - I think that's why it's not working...
i could of used the wrong link

On Apr 10, 8:50 pm, Anders Brownworth <ander...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What kind of forum is this? Doesn't look like PHP. You'll need to be able to
> edit the HTML that your form site produces. Its hard to help you anymore
> without any more detail...
>
> -a
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Karenn
> <barkingmadenquir...@hotmail.co.uk>wrote:
> ander...@gmail.com

Anders Brownworth

Apr 10, 2009, 4:31:05 PM4/10/09
to justh...@googlegroups.com
I don't know how Forumotion works but I was able to find your registration URL:

http://barkingmad.dogboard.net/profile.forum?mode=register&agreed=true

Can anyone else chime in here and help out?

-Anders

Jackson Whelan

Apr 10, 2009, 4:42:02 PM4/10/09
to justh...@googlegroups.com
I think this support is outside the scope of this list.

There's no indication of how the code is being added, however it looks like Forumotion is a free forum service.

I would guess she is using some web based WYSIWYG web based TinyMCE type HTML editor. There are probably restrictions in place against adding your own javascripts and form elements to their pages, so when she "previews" or "saves" the code is getting truncated or obfuscated somehow rendering it useless.

That's the best I can come up with based on the less than perfect problem description.

Thx - Jackson

Karenn

Apr 10, 2009, 4:54:47 PM4/10/09
to JustHumans
Well I found it on the Forumotion help website, so it is aloud on the
my forum...

If I submit it, will it work instead?

On Apr 10, 9:42 pm, Jackson Whelan <jackson.whe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >     <mailto:ander...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >     > > > > > Do you have a URL we could look at?
>
> >     > > > > > -a
>
> >     > > > > > On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Karenn
> >     > > > > > <barkingmadenquir...@hotmail.co.uk
> >     <mailto:barkingmadenquir...@hotmail.co.uk>>wrote:
>
> >     > > > > > > I have set up my HTML page, and added my code given to
> >     me by
> >     > > > > > > JustHumans I added the code, after the code given, but
> >     when I press
> >     > > > > > > preview - which in the tutorial it says, it should
> >     direct me to my
> >     > > > > > > Registration page.. It does not work and comes up with:
> >     > > <form><script
> >     > > > > > > language="JavaScript"
> >     > > > > > > src="http://verify.justhumans.com/verification.js?
> >     > > > > > > k=d5226254607fcb621e9cd28cb878a6fb<

Karenn

Apr 10, 2009, 5:46:17 PM4/10/09
to JustHumans
I done this part ok :

[IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/karenx101/Other%20things/
verification2.gif[/IMG]

And this part:

[IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/karenx101/Other%20things/
verification3.gif[/IMG]

And this :

[IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/karenx101/Other%20things/
verification3.gif[/IMG]

But this is the problem I am having - I AM COPYING THE CODE, BUT IT'S
JUST WORKING!?!

[IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff201/karenx101/Other%20things/
verification5.gif[/IMG]