CALL for PARTICIPATION
33rd International Conference on Legal Knowledge and Information Systems
A Fully Virtual Conference
December 09-11, 2020
We are delighted to invite you to attend the 33rd International Conference on Legal Knowledge and Information Systems (JURIX 2020).
For more than three decades, JURIX has organized an annual international conference for academics and practitioners, recently also including demos. The intention is to create a virtuous exchange of knowledge between theoretical research and applications in concrete legal use cases. Traditionally, this field has been concerned with legal knowledge representation and engineering, computational models of legal reasoning, and analyses of legal data. However, recent years have witnessed an increasing interest in the application of machine learning tools to relevant tasks to ease and empower legal experts everyday activities. JURIX is also a community where different skills work together to advance research by way of cross-fertilisation between law and computing technologies.
JURIX 2020 is co-hosted by the Institute of Law and Technology (Faculty of Law, Masaryk University, Brno) and the Knowledge-based Software Systems Group (Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University, Prague).
On December 9th, the program includes also 6 workshops and 1 tutorial:
- AI & Patent Data Workshop
- AICOL2020 Workshop: AI Approaches to the Complexity of Legal Systems
- 4th Workshop on Automated Semantic Analysis of Information in Legal Texts (ASAIL 2020)
- Frontiers of Digital Enforceable Contracts Workshop (FDEC 2020)
- 1st International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in JUrisdictional Logistics (
- The EXplainable & Responsible AI in Law Workshop (XAILA 2020)
- Tutorial Defeasible Logic for Legal Reasoning
We are delighted to announce the two keynote speakers at JURIX 2020:
- Katie Atkinson (University of Liverpool) -- Explainability for AI and Law in the Wild [December 10th]
- Raja Chatila (Sorbonne Université) [December 11th]
Please note that registration is mandatory in order to participate, and it is ** free **. The instructions for the registration are here:
We look forward to an exciting JURIX 2020 with a new format but the same amazing community!
(JURIX 2020 Program Chair)