[nbdime] - Image hashes change on every run

Vishnu V. Krishnan

Apr 16, 2024, 12:35:13 PMApr 16
to jup...@googlegroups.com
The hashes associated with images seems to be new each time I run the cell, irrespective of whether there have been any changes in the data from which the images are generated. This results in a polluted diff that's harder to parse for actual changes.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!
Vishnu

Jonathan Whitmore

Apr 16, 2024, 9:31:32 PMApr 16
to Project Jupyter

They mention this problem explicitly:

> For every figure, such as a plot, Jupyter includes not only the image itself in the notebook, but also a plain text description that includes the id (like a memory address) of the object, such as <matplotlib.axes._subplots.AxesSubplot at 0x7fbc113dbe90>. This changes every time you execute a notebook, and therefore will create a conflict every time two people execute this cell

and how to solve it.

Best,
Jonathan

Vishnu V. Krishnan