Announcing ckernel - Jupyter notebook kernels for teaching C/C++

Adam Tuft

Jul 25, 2023, 8:18:36 AM7/25/23
to Teaching with Jupyter Notebooks
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a project I've just published which provides a couple of kernels for learning and teaching C/C++ via Jupyter notebooks. The main attraction is the AutoCompileKernel which:
  • provides automatic compilation of C and C++ code;
  • allows compilation and linking options to be embedded in comments;
  • detects whether main is defined to decide whether to link an executable.
Currently this package has only been tested on Linux systems. The basic installation commands are:

pip install ckernel
ckernel install AutoCompileKernel autocompile "Autocompile C/C++"

See ckernel install --help for more options.

I hope you find this useful!

Best wishes,

Adam