Tools for similarity testing?

ksk...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2021, 10:53:47 PM3/9/21
to Teaching with Jupyter Notebooks
Are there any good tools out there for scoring the similarity between two notebooks (or better yet, between any two pairs out of some larger set)? In the education context, this would be used as a tool for detecting possible cases of plagiarism between students in a course; I usually allow students to collaborate as they wish provided that they declare all collaborators and write everything up independently.

There was an earlier post on this group that mentioned MOSS. However, I gather that is specifically for code, whereas I want something that looks at entire notebooks, including Markdown cells (and is perhaps less sophisticated).

Thanks,
Kiran

Aidan Feldman

Mar 10, 2021, 12:44:11 AM3/10/21
to ksk...@gmail.com, Teaching with Jupyter Notebooks
You can download or convert notebooks to "executable (a.k.a. Python) scripts" and submit those. The Markdown is included as Python code comments.