The Littlest Jupyterhub TLJH changing authentication methods

Alvin Huff

Jun 28, 2019, 8:36:53 PM6/28/19
to Teaching with Jupyter Notebooks
Hello ,

So after getting TLJH setup with nbgrader and a few libs.  I wanted to change authentication method from PAM to GithubOauth.  Upon switching I found that I could no longer use the admin account originally created with the initial installation.  Is there anyway to access the TLJH server with the original ADMIN account or login with anyother admin account created before the authentication switch.

thanks in advance
alvin huff

Wes Turner

Jun 29, 2019, 2:05:19 AM6/29/19
to Alvin Huff, Teaching with Jupyter Notebooks
If you're not able to find an answer in the docs or issues, creating a new issue for the question may be the most helpful thing you can do for maintainers and other users:

jupyterhub/the-littlest-jupyterhub
jupyterhub/jupyterhub
jupyterhub/oauthenticator

I have no idea (and thus maybe shouldn't be talking),
but is there a way to associate a field of the original user with the GitHub user?

Is this relevant?

* "c.Authenticator.username_map doesn't work with local user"

Reframing the question as an issue title and/or description:

(How) Can I connect an existing PAM admin account to an OAuth authenticator account?

Can I stack authenticators in some way? E.g. create a compound authenticator that tries OAuth and then PAM, or PAM and then OAuth?

Daniel García Teba

Apr 15, 2021, 1:17:21 PM4/15/21
to Teaching with Jupyter Notebooks
Did you find a solution?