problem building junto

preeti...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2015, 8:44:40 PM11/8/15
to The Junto Label Propagation Toolkit Open Discussion

I have followed the steps provided. I created the env variables (JAVA_HOME< JUNTO_DIR, updated PATH) as below. But I still get an error (Log provided below) when I try "bin\build update compile".

------------- ENV variables------------

JAVA_HOME: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_60.jdk/Contents/Home

JUNTO_DIR: /Users/USERNAME/Desktop/Lekha/Software/Eclipse/Workspace/junto
PATH :/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/USERNAME/Desktop/Lekha/Software/Eclipse/Workspace/junto/bin

--------- ERROR LOG ---------------

OSUs-MacBook-Pro:junto USERNAME$ bin/build update compile

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256M; support was removed in 8.0

error: error while loading CharSequence, class file '/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_60.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/rt.jar(java/lang/CharSequence.class)' is broken

(bad constant pool tag 18 at byte 10)

[error] Type error in expression

Project loading failed: (r)etry, (q)uit, (l)ast, or (i)gnore?

--------------------------------------

Message has been deleted

christin...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2015, 5:18:55 AM11/10/15
to The Junto Label Propagation Toolkit Open Discussion, preeti...@gmail.com
I had the same error and found this issue: https://github.com/parthatalukdar/junto/issues/4

Changing my Java version to 1.7 solved it for me.

preeti...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2015, 12:55:48 PM11/10/15
to The Junto Label Propagation Toolkit Open Discussion, preeti...@gmail.com, christin...@gmail.com
I did install java 1.7, and after setting the env variables and executing "bin/build update compile", i am receiving following error

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

[error] (*:update) sbt.ResolveException: unresolved dependency: com.eed3si9n#sbt-assembly;0.8.4: not found

Project loading failed: (r)etry, (q)uit, (l)ast, or (i)gnore?

I did receive this error earlier, when i didn't had updated java on my mac.
After updating java this issue got resolved and the error reported in my initial post popped.

Any idea, where i might be going wrong?

preeti...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2015, 7:34:24 PM11/14/15
to The Junto Label Propagation Toolkit Open Discussion, preeti...@gmail.com, christin...@gmail.com
Thanks to Christine Bocionek.

I was able to fix this issue by adding this line one to the top of my plugins.sbt file (in subfolder 'project'):
" resolvers += Resolver.url("bintray-sbt-plugins", url("http://dl.bintray.com/sbt/sbt-plugin-releases"))(Resolver.ivyStylePatterns) "

and deleting the original line referring to resolvers.