juniper_junos_config TimeoutExpiredError

Alexander Dölling

Aug 16, 2018, 4:19:17 AM8/16/18
to Junos Python EZ
Hello,

I use the juniper_junos_config module to send a new configuration to a srx300. However, I get a TimeoutExpiredError after the configuration on the srx300 has been commited. I have serial access to the srx300, so i can track the procedure of the playbook on ansible and srx300. In the configuration, the IP address of the srx300 is changed, may it be because the TimeoutExpiredError error occurs in the playbook?

I have set the timeout up to 3000 seconds, but the TimeoutExpiredError still appears. The Error does not appear in the old version with junos_install_config. Is there another solution to transfer a new config as a set file and not get TimeoutExpiredError if the IP address is changed?

Playbook
Task:
      - name: install new config
        juniper_junos_config:
          host: "{{ inventory_hostname }}"
          port: "{{ sshport }}"
          user: "{{ username }}"
          passwd: "{{ password }}"
          load: 'set'
          file: "{{ config_path }}{{ config_file }}"
          logfile: "junos.log"
          comment: "commited by proboter"
          timeout: 120
        ignore_errors: yes