Auto reloading during development?

Ferry

Apr 11, 2009, 12:00:35 PM4/11/09
to juno-framework
Hi,

I'm trying out Juno, and it looks good so far. However, it does not
seem to support automatic reloading of the application like many other
Python frameworks support. I might have missed it, but I couldn't find
anything in the documentation on how to do this. Stopping and
restarting the application each time is rather annoying.

What's the proper way of doing this in Juno (if any), or should I
manually add middleware to do this?

With kind regards,

Ferry Boender

Andras Biczo

Apr 12, 2009, 5:50:16 AM4/12/09
to juno-framework
There's no builtin auto-reloading functionality in Juno as far as I
know. I guess you can use a middleware for this, or another possible
solution would be to run your application under a server that supports
auto-reloading (e.g. Spawning).

Brian

Apr 13, 2009, 7:56:14 PM4/13/09
to juno-framework
Yeah, this is inconvenient. I keep planning on adding it, but I've
had zero time lately. For now, if you have Werkzeug installed you
could get reloading like this:

> # Juno app here...
> application = run_wsgi()
> werkzeug.run_simple('localhost', '8000', application, use_reloader=True)

Voltron

May 9, 2009, 2:08:42 AM5/9/09
to juno-framework
This does not work as expected, I get this:

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

D:\_Projects\research\juno\juno\doc\examples>python hello_world.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "hello_world.py", line 11, in <module>
application = run_wsgi()
TypeError: run_wsgi() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

Brian

May 11, 2009, 5:53:14 AM5/11/09
to juno-framework
My apologies, I had used the wrong run method, should've tested it;
try this instead:

application = run('wsgi')
werkzeug.run_simple('localhost', 8000, application,
use_reloader=True)

Just tested it and it will reload changes. The problem before was I
had typed Juno's internal run function for WSGI. Let me know if that
doesn't fix it.

-- Brian