Re: Installing Jumper

spe...@jumpernetworks.com

Apr 12, 2010, 9:44:37 PM4/12/10
to Jumper 2.0 Developers Group, Steve
Steve,

If you create new users via the admin page do you have the same issue.

All user permissions will reside in the database table s_user.

If you create a new user in any group it should appear in the database
table and allow the user to log in.

Let me know if you cannot create new users and we will see if we can
recreate the issue in the lab.

Thanks,

Steve

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 19:02:51 -0700 (PDT), Steve wrote:
Hi,

> I have installed Jumper and the admin section works fine. When I try
> to use the user login I get a blank screen. I have defined a member as
> well as admins.
>
> regards
>
> Steve
>
> On Feb 13, 1:18 am, spe...@jumpernetworks.com wrote:
> > An obvious error.
> >
> > Please find the DB dump files in the following directory.
> >
> > 8.  If you are installing a new version of Jumper:
> >
> >      Create tables using db dump file at
jmp/install_upgrade/db_install_2.0.sql

> >      If you are upgrading from a previous version of Jumper:
> >
> >      Use DB dump file
> > jmp/install_upgrade/db_upgrade_from_[version]_to_[version].sql
> >      Do not forget to backup old DB.
> >
> > I will make the change and post it today.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Quoting FVA <fvalmo...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Hello,
> >
> > > While trying to install Jumper I came across the following problem.
> > > The installation instructions in the file "JUMPER_INSTALL" have the
> > > following step:
> >
> > > ----------------------
> > > 8.  If you are installing a new version of Jumper:
> >
> > >     Create tables using db dump file at jmp/setup/db/install.sql
> > >     Create an admin user using file at jmp/setup/db/create_user.sql
> > >     If you are upgrading from a previous version of Jumper:
> >
> > >     Use DB dump file jmp/setup/db/
> > > upgrade_from_[version]_to_[version].sql
> > >     Do not forget to backup old DB.
> > > ----------------------
> >
> > > But,  the directory  "setup"  does not exist in the distribution
> > > available from SourceForge.
> > > What to do?  Where can I get the contents of this missing directory.
> >
> > > Another question:   Can the SQLite database (http://www.sqlite.org/
> > > index.html)  be used with Jumper?  Is there anything extra or special
> > > that needs to be done during installation in order to use it?
> >
> > > Thank You in  advance,
> > > -FvA
> >
> > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
Google Groups