IE8 Advanced Search not displaying correctly

Ramon Velez

Oct 10, 2010, 2:36:49 AM10/10/10
to Jumper 2.0 Developers Group
In Internet Explorer 8 the advanced search and add comment pages
aren't displaying correctly.

The forms are being display to the right with the Jumper logo at their
left side.

Ramon

Ramon Velez

Oct 10, 2010, 2:50:20 AM10/10/10
to Jumper 2.0 Developers Group

To fix it change line 19 in /jmp/client/skin/view_default/default/
top.html:

<!-- IF YOU PREFER AUTOMATED REGISTRATION </tmpl:register> --!>

<!-- IF YOU PREFER AUTOMATED REGISTRATION </tmpl:register> -->

My educated guess is that Firefox and IE8 treats HTML comments
differently. So Firefox treats --!> as an ending comment but IE8
expects a comment to end with exactly -->.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Ramon

Imre Leber

Oct 10, 2010, 4:09:06 AM10/10/10
to jump...@googlegroups.com
Shouldn't the official HTML/XML be:

<!-- -->

to begin with?

Imre

Ramon

Ramon Velez

Oct 10, 2010, 8:21:07 AM10/10/10
to Jumper 2.0 Developers Group
Imre,

You're right and in fact I was a bit surprised that Firefox treated
it differently and didn't showed up the layout like IE8 did.

Ramon