Uploading Files in Jumper

1 view

Punit

Nov 11, 2009, 2:47:56 PM11/11/09
to Jumper 2.0 Developers Group
My apologies for the delayed reply. I had talked to Steve and thought
he would be replying.

There are a number of current limitations with Uploading files. You
can currently only upload GIF and JPG files so that they can be viewed
online.

The Upload file is configured for the htdocs directory of the web
server.

C:\xampp\htdocs\jmp_upload

Changes to either of these variables - to include other image file
types or to change the directory location - can be made in the
Uploader.php file.

C:\xampp\htdocs\jmp\admin\lib\jumper_lib\Dir

The function setUploadedDir($dir) applies the mkdir settings. The
assumption is that the directory will be on the same server. You will
need to modify the code to point this to a directory on a different
server.

Hope this helps.

edojan

Nov 11, 2009, 5:53:23 PM11/11/09
to Jumper 2.0 Developers Group
Thanks for your reply, Punit. I was a bit confused with the
terminology - i.e. file attachments vs. file uploads. I really meant
the attachments. Once the file is attached to a profile it is copied
to jmp_upload in the htdocs directory. I would like to store the
attachments on the network rather than within htdocs dir on the
server. Is this possible? If so then how?
Also, the attachment size limitation is this jumper's limitation or
apache's/mySQL?
Ed

sperry

Nov 12, 2009, 9:31:18 AM11/12/09
to Jumper 2.0 Developers Group
Ed,

You can edit all of these in the upload.php file.

C:\xampp\htdocs\jmp\admin\lib\jumper_lib\Dir

You can edit the size, the file type, and the location.

Editing the location is a little tricky in that you will need to add a
few lines of code. I have not done this but it should not be too
difficult.