Ancient Gfortran/GCC version in Travis-CI image

Helge Eichhorn

Oct 3, 2016, 12:51:57 PM10/3/16
to julia-users
Dear all,

I just ran into trouble when I tried to build a package with a Fortran2008-based dependency on Travis. The most modern version of Gfortran I could install was 4.6 which cannot build the Fortran code. The package list (https://github.com/travis-ci/apt-package-whitelist/blob/master/ubuntu-precise) on the other hand says that Gfortran 6 should be available.

I have no clue about how the base images for Travis's container infrastructure are generated but does the above mean that the image for Julia needs to updated?

Best regards,
Helge

Tony Kelman

Oct 3, 2016, 5:44:50 PM10/3/16
to julia-users
Check the travis docs for the apt sources and packages addons to install newer compiler versions from the Ubuntu toolchain ppa.

Helge Eichhorn

Oct 4, 2016, 2:32:34 AM10/4/16
to julia-users
Thanks Tony, that worked!

Here is my new Travis config for the public record: