Use of special characters in labels of plots.jl

Ferran Mazzanti

Nov 16, 2016, 7:24:19 AM11/16/16
to julia-users
Hi again,

I'm trying to use plots.jl for final plots ready for publication in scientific papers, and I was wondering what is the easiest way to write special strings in labels of plots.
For instance, what LaTeX would render in $10^{-10}$, or include Angstrom symbols, or subscripts as in $W_{ij}$ etc...

Thanks a lot,

Ferran.

Ferran Mazzanti

Nov 16, 2016, 7:37:16 AM11/16/16
to julia-users
...and please notice that I'm not looking for explicit LaTeX suppport. Just wanted to know if there is any way to add special characters and subscripts etc.
Thanks again,
Ferran.

Chris Rackauckas

Nov 16, 2016, 2:50:31 PM11/16/16
to julia-users
Use LaTeXStrings.jl's L_str macro:

L"$10^{10}"

I know this works with the PyPlot backend, and I think GR.