Move to discourse?

Simon Byrne

Nov 5, 2016, 4:30:58 PM11/5/16
to julia-stats
Would there be any objection to moving this list to discourse.julialang.org, as julia-dev has done (and it seems like soon julia-users will too):

There is already a stats domain set up:
so the main step necessary would be to set the list to be read-only, and pin an announcement at the top. I don't think we need to import messages, but we can link to this list back from discourse.

Tamas Papp

Nov 6, 2016, 1:34:04 AM11/6/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
Since things are moving to discourse anyway, checking another domain on
the discourse.julialanga.org page would not be a hassle.

Milan Bouchet-Valat

Nov 6, 2016, 5:41:46 AM11/6/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
Le dimanche 06 novembre 2016 à 07:34 +0100, Tamas Papp a écrit :
> Since things are moving to discourse anyway, checking another domain
> on the discourse.julialanga.org page would not be a hassle.
+1

julia-stats discussions can happen in two Discourse sub-categories (at
least): Domains/Stats and Domains/Data.

Regards

John Myles White

Nov 6, 2016, 3:28:45 PM11/6/16
to julia-stats
I will set this list to read only at the end of the week. Then we can take any other steps required to complete the move.

 -- John

Giuseppe Ragusa

Nov 9, 2016, 4:43:05 PM11/9/16
to julia-stats