node 2 failed to load cache from /root/.julia/lib/v0.5/JuMP.ji.

Alex Fakos

Oct 25, 2016, 2:56:13 PM10/25/16
to julia-opt
Hi,

I am using Julia v0.5, JuMP with NLopt.

I get the following error when I include a file that calls JuMP and NLopt.

INFO: Precompiling module JuMP.
WARNING: Node state is inconsistent: node 2 failed to load cache from /root/.julia/lib/v0.5/JuMP.ji. Got:
WARNING: Node state is inconsistent: node 2 failed to load cache from /root/.julia/lib/v0.5/NLopt.ji. Got:

I didn't have similar problems with julia .4.6
Notice the extension of the file it is searching for: ji not jl
These files do not exist in my /root/.julia/lib/v0.5/

Thanks,
Alex

Joaquim Masset Lacombe Dias Garcia

Oct 25, 2016, 8:39:14 PM10/25/16
to julia-opt
The .ji are julia precompiled files, they are created when you run a new (or modified) pkg for the first time.

Have you tried updating your pkgs with Pkg.update() ?

Alex Fakos

Oct 25, 2016, 8:52:53 PM10/25/16
to julia-opt
Thank you Joaquim,

Yes, I have run package update but didn't solve the problem.

Do I need an intermediate step to precompile the packages before I run the code in parallel?

I start julia with the --machinefile option on AWS and the code breaks the moment I include("main.jl")

Should I first start Julia in the master processor only and then do
using NLopt, JuMP then exit and then start julia loading all the processors (or something similar)?

Thanks a lot,
Alex

Joaquim Masset Lacombe Dias Garcia

Oct 31, 2016, 1:40:20 PM10/31/16
to julia-opt
I had a similar problem running modules in parallel,

The first time they run, they are precompiled, I was getting a similar error then a ran the code serially just to get the precompiled .ji files an then it was ok to run in parallel.

I think it might be a julia issue, try posting it in julia-users if you are still with this problem...
(In this case, remember referencing this post)