ANN: Major re-organization of the NetCDF package and move to JuliaGEO

Fabian Gans

Sep 16, 2015, 11:05:44 AM9/16/15
to julia-geo
To everyone who is using the NetCDF package,

I have to announcements:

1. The NetCDF package has been rewritten quite substantially, I think the code is much cleaner now and easier to maintain (still far from perfect). There should be no changes that break existing code, but I would like to ask you to check out the new version and test it, since there are probably still some bugs: https://github.com/JuliaGeo/NetCDF.jl

2. As you might have guessed from the altered URL, the package is in the process of being moved to the JuliaGeo organization. So please file bug reports, suggestions, etc under JuliaGeo/NetCDF.jl. The old repository meggart/NetCDF.jl will still exist as long as people use julia-0.3, but will be less maintained.

Cheers

Fabian