Any package integrate Julia with Jekyll like Knitr did for R?

Xiaodong Qi

Mar 8, 2016, 10:48:28 PM3/8/16
to julia-dev
I was amazed by KnitR written by Yihui et al for integrating R with Jekyll and Rmarkdown. Any thing similar for Julia to make blogging easier? Thanks.

Xiaodong Qi

Mar 9, 2016, 2:50:50 AM3/9/16
to julia-dev
Sorry, just found Weave.jl hasn't been updated for a year, not sure about the status. I never tried Knitr with Julia engine. Any comments on the performance?

Alex Mellnik

Mar 10, 2016, 11:25:01 AM3/10/16
to julia-dev
See also https://github.com/dcjones/Judo.jl .  I'm not familiar with Knitr but this may be more oriented toward documentation generation.  -A

wil...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2016, 4:22:26 AM3/19/16
to julia-dev
I maintain a fork of Weave.jl (https://github.com/wildart/Weave.jl) for writing reproducible LaTeX reports. Precompiled library is quite fast, plus results caching feature available in most recent version does a good job in reducing report compilation time.

Xiaodong Qi

Mar 19, 2016, 4:31:37 AM3/19/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed the Weave.jl project, but it hasn't been updated for over
a year. Do you think it is fairly stable and compatible with the latest
Julia build? How does it compared to the knitr package with Julia engine
turned on? Thanks for the great work!

wil...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 2:49:36 AM3/22/16
to julia-dev
As I wrote, I maintain a fork which is compatible with 0.4. I'm not familiar with knitr using Julia, but Weave.jl provides enough functionality to create reproducible reports with pictures (supports major plotting packages) and core snippets for range of formats (Markdown, LaTex, reStructuresText).

Timothée Poisot

Mar 22, 2016, 10:14:19 AM3/22/16
to t...@poisotlab.io, julia-dev
Sent from a mobile device. Pardon the typos/brevity.