did julia has function similar to R_Preserveobject and R_ReleaseObject function?

Yu Gong

Jul 26, 2016, 8:01:52 AM7/26/16
to julia-dev
I know julia has jl_gc_push and jl_gc_pop macros ,but it only can used in a function.
I want define a variable and lock it in one function ,and unlock it in other function if need and aviod gc to release it untile call unlock.
R have R_Preserveobject and R_ReleaseObject to do this.did julia has function similar to R_Preserveobject and R_ReleaseObject function?
Message has been deleted

Yu Gong

Jul 26, 2016, 8:10:49 AM7/26/16
to julia-dev
I mean function in julia c api

Yichao Yu

Jul 26, 2016, 8:55:31 AM7/26/16
to Julia Dev
No. You can create a global/rooted array/dict and push/pop object from it.