"splicing" and "splatting" in docs

Rick Graham

May 30, 2014, 1:10:16 PM5/30/14
to juli...@googlegroups.com
It would be nice if "splicing" and "splatting" were used consistently/orthogonally in the docs.

Searching the docs for "splice" has many hits and shows a couple different meanings/uses and searching for "splat" shows one meaning.  Perhaps the use of `...` should have its own name?

Stefan Karpinski

May 30, 2014, 1:31:27 PM5/30/14
to Julia Dev
This could definitely be clearer. Pull requests encouraged! Would it be sufficient to mention "splatting" in the section where we talk about splicing?

John Myles White

May 30, 2014, 2:02:59 PM5/30/14
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Should we maybe come up with two words for splatting, like splatting out and splatting in?

 -- John

Stefan Karpinski

May 30, 2014, 2:05:07 PM5/30/14
to Julia Dev
Splatting and slurping?

John Myles White

May 30, 2014, 2:06:21 PM5/30/14
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Is slurping in the docs? I didn't remember that term, but it seems like a pretty good choice.

 -- John

Stefan Karpinski

May 30, 2014, 2:16:26 PM5/30/14
to Julia Dev
No, it isn't, but it certainly is evocative.