Re: [julia-dev] Native Julia solvers for ordinary differential equations

Message has been deleted

Isaiah Norton

Mar 5, 2014, 12:37:57 PM3/5/14
to juli...@googlegroups.com
The general advice from the Julia GSoC page is applicable:

"If you’re interested in participating in GSoC as a student, the best approach is to become an active and engaged contributor to the project first. "

Please read the open issues on the ODE.jl tracker, and in particular this discussion of potential projects:

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Amit Mittal <amit.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am Amit Mittal, a pre-final year undergraduate student at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. I am majoring in Mathematics & Finance and my minor is in Computer Science. I have done programming in many languages (Java, C++, Python, Matlab, PHP) but, I am new to Julia. I was going through the project list of Julia for GSOC and I found out ODE Solver to be an interesting one. Moreover, I have a perfect background for this as I have done a course in Scientific Computing(theory as well as lab) where we used to solve ODEs, integrals, differentials, root-finding, etc. in Matlab. You can find the codes on my github profile(https://github.com/amit-mittal)

Now I want to contribute towards the development of ODE solver for Julia so, can anyone please give me some tips that how should I start with it and also a few pointers on the application to be submitted would be appreciated.
thank you,

Amit Mittal
IIT Guwahati