RFC: Instructions for writing a new Julia package

Jiahao Chen

Mar 27, 2013, 2:14:07 PM3/27/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just attempted to publish a new Julia package and wrote down everything I did in this gist:

Hopefully this will be a useful starting point toward actual documentation for writing a new Julia package.

John Myles White

Mar 27, 2013, 4:42:32 PM3/27/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
This is really great. I'd like to see something like this in the manual.

-- John

Eric Davies

Mar 27, 2013, 11:24:38 PM3/27/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
This is incredibly helpful! Many thanks!

Viral Shah

Mar 30, 2013, 1:08:58 PM3/30/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Let's get this into the manual. Jihao - it would be great if you can make a pull request to get this into the manual. We can also link this material from the manual then into CONTRIBUTING.md.

The next steps would be to add sections on travis testing and documentation.

It would be great if the test status and doc availability could be linked into the auto-generated package description page.

-viral

Jiahao Chen

Mar 30, 2013, 7:59:48 PM3/30/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, March 30, 2013 1:08:58 PM UTC-4, Viral Shah wrote:
> Let's get this into the manual. Jihao - it would be great if you can make a pull request to get this into the manual. We can also link this material from the manual then into CONTRIBUTING.md.

Issue #2714