Pkg3

Rory Finnegan

Jul 24, 2016, 12:49:08 AM7/24/16
to julia-dev
Hi Folks,

I couldn't find an existing issue or thread on this, but I'd like to help with the Pkg3 development. I've been working on (mostly maintaining now) Playground.jl over the last couple years and I'd really like to help get the core features into the Pkg3 implementation, so I can deprecate playground. Is there someone in particular I should contact or a repo I should work off of?

Thanks,
Rory

Jacob Quinn

Jul 24, 2016, 12:52:31 AM7/24/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I think PkgDev.jl has been the goto for experimenting with next-gen Pkg functionality. You'd probably be best to open an issue there: https://github.com/JuliaLang/PkgDev.jl

-Jacob

Keno Fischer

Jul 24, 2016, 12:57:33 AM7/24/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Art and Stefan have been doing a lot of thinking on this topic, maybe
email them?

Rory Finnegan

Jul 24, 2016, 1:08:43 AM7/24/16
to julia-dev
Awesome, thanks! I'll start with looking at PkgDev.

Tony Kelman

Jul 24, 2016, 2:58:00 AM7/24/16
to julia-dev
If we can keep this in public design discussions instead of private emails I think that would be much more healthy and beneficial to the design process.

Stefan Karpinski

Jul 24, 2016, 11:20:51 AM7/24/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
As soon as we get the 0.5 RC out I was going to start on working with Art to get a formal Julep out there. From there we can have an open discussion. Rory, as the creator of Playground, you were definitely one of the people I wanted to make sure was involved in that discussion – to make sure that the new design meets the needs that Playground currently satisfies that Pkg2 does not.