pmap and external command (readall)

dr

Mar 5, 2013, 6:44:35 PM3/5/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to use pmap to have each (local) processor run (and return the output of) an external command via
readall(cmd)

However, the children freeze or lock prior to running the external command, and just hang.

The children do *read* data from the same file, but create temporary output in different files.

Is this a known problem? The entire process works fine when I replace pmap with map (but of course is not parallelized).

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. I am running version 0.1.0+110332400.ra15d (commit a15dfa7a59) on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Jeff Bezanson

Mar 5, 2013, 9:40:27 PM3/5/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
This used to work fine, but now I am seeing the same problem. Will investigate.

Jeff Bezanson

Mar 6, 2013, 2:53:21 AM3/6/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Should be fixed now.