Package for Neural Networks?

Arley Ristar

Mar 24, 2014, 10:30:23 AM3/24/14
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everyone.
I didn't find any package for neural networks in Julia, just some MLP implementations (that didn't have a pattern to make a package with).
Some that i found:

Doesn't it have any official package because it's easier/better call a Python or C implementation for it or just lack of people interested in do that?
If it's the second option, would it be be wiser create a package (with the name "NNet" or something like that) for anyone that for some reason needed to create a different network (like RBF, Hopfield, SOM, etc...) and could do pull request?
The architecture of the package could be similar to the Neural Network Toolbox that Matlab have and be compatible with MLBase.jl.
I could do that, but first I'd like to know what this list thinks about it.

John Myles White

Mar 24, 2014, 11:40:43 PM3/24/14
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I think no one with the relevant expertise has had the time to do it. But there’s been a bunch of discussion of the topic in the mailing list in the past.

To see historical discussion, you’ll want to check out julia-users rather than julia-dev. The julia-dev list is primarily meant for discussing work on the core language, so almost all packages get discussed on julia-users instead.

 — John