Problem with binding to lapack dtrsen (reorder real schur factorization)

axsk

Sep 24, 2014, 11:07:50 AM9/24/14
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I am trying to add a binding to lapack's dtrsen function, which I plan on pull-requesting to the lapack.jl once it's working.

My current prototype code can be found on https://gist.github.com/axsk/28f297e2207365a7f4e8.
Most of the code was copied and adjusted from the Schur Forms code from https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/blob/master/base/linalg/lapack.jl.

As stated in the dtrsen doc it should take the Schur Factorization T and the Schur Vectors Q (which can be generated via Julias schurfact) and return a reordered Schur factorization, reordering the selected Eigenvalues to the top left.
The code compiles and runs without errors, but unfortunately doesn't change anything in the given matrix :(

Maybe it is because the convert(Array{Bool}, select) doesn't properly tconvert to Fortrans Logical array type?

It would be nice if you could help me.

Greetings
axsk

axsk

Sep 24, 2014, 5:45:07 PM9/24/14
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Got it working now :)
Passing select as Array(Int) to the Logical Array seems to work, though I still can't say I understand the whole thing.