Is anyone looking at wrapping zstandard compression for Julia?

Douglas Bates

Sep 14, 2016, 3:44:07 PM9/14/16
to julia-dev
See www.zstd.net and github.com/facebook/zstd

If no one has embarked on wrapping this code I could give it a try.

Jacob Quinn

Sep 14, 2016, 3:50:44 PM9/14/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I know there was an effort to start; not sure how far they've gotten: https://github.com/ararslan/ZStd.jl
Message has been deleted

Alex Arslan

Sep 14, 2016, 4:11:02 PM9/14/16
to julia-dev
As Jacob noted, I have indeed started an implementation. I've been trying to get it running on all platforms before I get to far into the code, and I've been hung up on getting the 32-bit Windows DLL to work. (I cross-compiled it from my Mac using i686-w64-mingw32-gcc, but I guess that disables sjlj exceptions, which seems to be making the DLL unrecognizable to Julia or BinDeps or something.)

But anyway, I've invited you to be a collaborator on the repo, Doug. And of course anyone reading this is welcome to contribute as well!

Regards,
Alex

Robert Feldt

Sep 19, 2016, 9:24:12 AM9/19/16