Re: Current status of ODE solvers/package

Viral Shah

May 4, 2013, 9:38:03 AM5/4/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Welcome! Do take a look at CONTRIBUTING.md, which should help you get started.

The ODE package is a collection of things that were thrown together over time. It has simple things such as ode23, ode45, etc. The benefit of the ODE package is that it is pure julia code, and there is value in completing those implementations, adding tests, documentation, and making the simple ODE solvers robust.

Do look at Tom Short's Sundials.jl package, which wraps the excellent Sundials library. Rather than develop multi-step and stiff solvers from scratch, we may be better off coalescing efforts around Sundials.

-viral

On Saturday, May 4, 2013 6:23:59 PM UTC+5:30, Tomas Lycken wrote:
Hi guys!

I'm completely new to the project, and I'm amazed at some of the cool stuff Julia can do. Can't wait to jump in! =)

I'd like to contribute to the project in whatever way I can - currently I'm looking at the ODE solvers in the library and I'm thinking maybe I can help out there. However, I'm a little unsure on where to begin. Is https://github.com/vtjnash/ODE.jl the ODE package that is currently under development? Or is there some other place where the active code resides?

Also, is there a style guide or something which I should read before I start writing code?

Thanks in advance!

// Tomas