Not receiving digest emails from julia-dev

AndersK

Aug 19, 2012, 4:44:58 PM8/19/12
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Since the 16 august I don't receive digest emails from this list.
I have reported the problem to Google, but they apparently do not provide individual answers
to problem reports, so I have no way of knowing if they look into the problem unless mails
start arriving again.
I realize that if it is a common problem, those affected will not get this mail...
...but if it is, they may still spot it if they look at the group page.

BR
/Anders K

Stefan Karpinski

Aug 19, 2012, 4:56:22 PM8/19/12
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Google groups is extremely frustrating in general. I sent a message to GitHub support a while back, pleading with them to build development email list functionality and I've talked with a few GitHubbers about that prospect since — here's hoping! Until then, we're kind of stuck with Google groups and all its flaws. My recommendation is to change your delivery setting and filter the emails into a folder/label. Or maybe switching your delivery back again will "unstick" it. Who knows. Sorry!

Stefan Karpinski

Aug 19, 2012, 4:58:24 PM8/19/12
to juli...@googlegroups.com
While on the subject of google groups, we have our group setup so that the first email anyone sends to the group has to be approved. This is because otherwise we get a fair amount of recruiter spam to the list. We still do, but it doesn't make it onto the list. So if anyone writes a message and there's a delay before it gets approved and delivered, our apologies! It's all because of the spammers.

Greg Zuro

Aug 21, 2012, 2:28:40 PM8/21/12
to juli...@googlegroups.com
You aren't alone on this one.  I though that perhaps you all went on holiday.

Stefan Karpinski

Aug 21, 2012, 2:29:32 PM8/21/12
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I don't think there's been a day without email on this list since it was created. We're a chatty bunch.