Travis build errors

Dahua

Oct 18, 2013, 11:13:55 AM10/18/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I have been seeing these errors for several days (over all packages).

Setting up icedtea-7-jre-jamvm (7u25-2.3.10-1ubuntu0.12.04.2) ...

Setting up openjdk-6-jdk (6b27-1.12.6-1ubuntu0.12.04.2) ...

Setting up chromium-codecs-ffmpeg (28.0.1500.71-0ubuntu1.12.04.1) ...

Setting up chromium-browser (28.0.1500.71-0ubuntu1.12.04.1) ...

Setting up chromium-browser-l10n (28.0.1500.71-0ubuntu1.12.04.1) ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin ...

ldconfig deferred processing now taking place

procps

udev

couchdb-bin

couchdb

xserver-xorg-core

initramfs-tools

The command "sudo apt-get upgrade -y" failed and exited with 100 during before_install.

Elliot Saba

Oct 18, 2013, 1:19:40 PM10/18/13
to Julia Dev
Looks like something to report to the Travis-ci issue tracker if it's happening consistently.  Looks to me like there's been an update in the repositories that the Travis workers pull their packages from, and the VM images haven't been updated to incorporate those changes yet.  It might be prudent to wait 24 hours after these errors started appearing before reporting, as it might just go away once they update their VM image.
-E

Dahua

Oct 18, 2013, 1:22:41 PM10/18/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
This has persisted for at least two days. I will continue to wait and see.

- Dahua

Elliot Saba

Oct 18, 2013, 1:34:34 PM10/18/13
to Julia Dev
If it's been going on for two days, I would post something.  I took a quick look on the Travis issue tracker and didn't see anything matching what you're experiencing, so I think it's a safe bet that they'd be interested in hearing.

Avik Sengupta

Oct 18, 2013, 2:03:25 PM10/18/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dahua,

While the errors are not good and shouldn't happen, one point to note is that originally the example from which we all created the travis script had an `apt-get upgrade` . This is actually no longer required, and  only an `apt-get update` followed by a `apt-get install libprce3-dev julia` is necessary. For example, see https://github.com/JuliaLang/ZMQ.jl/blob/master/.travis.yml and https://travis-ci.org/JuliaLang/ZMQ.jl

Once you get rid of the `apt-get upgrade`, in addition to not hitting this bug, the run will be significantly faster, since it wont be trying to download the java installers from oracle, for one.

Regards
-
Avik

Carlo Baldassi

Oct 18, 2013, 2:59:10 PM10/18/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Miles reported this to Travis issue tracker, see https://github.com/JuliaOpt/GLPK.jl/issues/13 and link therein. Basically they advise against doing apt-get upgrade. I'm going to test Avik's suggestion on GLPK now.

Dahua

Oct 18, 2013, 7:28:31 PM10/18/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Avik,