Update to micro test perf.go (please help if you know go)

Nathan Tippy

Oct 1, 2013, 11:36:20 PM10/1/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to get the micro tests to run again and I think some go language feature may have changed over time.

I get the following from the perf.go:

nate@Enoch ~/git/julia/test/perf/micro $ go run perf.go
# command-line-arguments
./perf.go:57: undefined: __emptyarchive__.MatrixRO
./perf.go:58: undefined: __emptyarchive__.Zeros
./perf.go:59: undefined: __emptyarchive__.Zeros
./perf.go:66: undefined: __emptyarchive__.Product

////At the top of perf.go we have

package main

import (
"fmt"
"math"
"math/cmplx"
"math/rand"
"strconv"
"time"
)

////and at line 57 where the problem starts we have
func randmatmul(n int) matrix.MatrixRO {
a := matrix.Zeros(n, n)
b := matrix.Zeros(n, n)
for i := 0; i < n; i++ {
for k := 0; k < n; k++ {
a.Set(i, k, rand.Float64())
b.Set(i, k, rand.Float64())
}
}
return matrix.Product(a, b)
}

Stefan Karpinski

Oct 2, 2013, 3:48:41 PM10/2/13
to Julia Dev
I've never actually run the Go tests; I believe that Viral accepted a pull request some time ago. You'll have to dig through git history to track down the contributor and maybe they can help you get this to work.

Jared Kofron

Oct 2, 2013, 4:15:29 PM10/2/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,