Re: "make dist" binaries produce error "system image file not found"

Westley Hennigh

Nov 9, 2012, 11:59:58 PM11/9/12
to juli...@googlegroups.com
The source of the error might be a missing file at julia/lib/julia/sys.ji...

On Friday, November 9, 2012 3:23:28 PM UTC-8, Westley Hennigh wrote:

Running "make dist" on OSX (version 10.8.2) produces a lovely little tarball that I can unpack and run on the same machine. Unfortunately, when I unpack it on a clean machine, the julia binaries fail to start and output simply:

    system image file not found
    logout

I'm guessing this means the dist target is not packaging some new libraries?
grep-ing for the error turns up dump.c which seems to be "saving and restoring system images". This sounds great and like something I should look at more in the future but -in the meantime- has anyone else has encountered this? And does anyone have any leads on how to fix it?

Viral Shah

Nov 11, 2012, 12:42:08 AM11/11/12
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I tried this out and it works fine. Can you check that the tar.gz being built does contain sys.ji at the usual expected location?

-viral