RC2 test failure on Win7 with msys2

Jiahao Chen

Oct 26, 2013, 12:06:44 PM10/26/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
It's been a long time since I've used a Windows machine, but I recently decided to set up a Win7 VM in VMware and try out julia on it.

I'm using 32-bit mingw on 32-bit Win7 as described in README.windows.md and the msys2 alpha binaries. Julia compiles correctly but the tests fail for me:

    JULIA test/all
     * core
Exception on 1: ERROR: box: argument is of incorrect size
at core.jl:1075

Has one had any experience compiling with msys2? I would file an issue, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something silly with my toolchain first.

Jeff Bezanson

Oct 26, 2013, 2:38:08 PM10/26/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
It looks like that test is incorrect for 32-bit systems.
`unbox(Int,1234)` should instead be `unbox(Int64,int64(1234))`.

J Luis

Oct 26, 2013, 8:24:08 PM10/26/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
But on Win64 with a 64 build, I get

make testall
    JULIA test/all
     * core
     * keywordargs
     * numbers
make[1]: *** [all] Error 5
make: *** [testall] Error 2

Jacob Quinn

Oct 26, 2013, 8:33:36 PM10/26/13
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I get a little farther.

C:\Users\karbarcca\julia>make testall
    JULIA test/all
     * core
     * keywordargs
     * numbers
     * strings
     * unicode
     * collections
     * hashing
     * remote
     * iobuffer
     * arrayops
     * linalg
     * blas
     * fft
     * dsp
     * sparse
     * bitarray
     * random
     * math
     * functional
     * bigint
     * sorting
     * statistics
     * spawn
       [stdio passthrough ok]
     * parallel
     * priorityqueue
     * arpack
     * file
exception on 1: ERROR: test error during :((ispath(file)==false))
stat: No error
 in systemerror at error.jl:38
 in fill! at array.jl:178
 in stat at stat.jl:40
WARNING: backtraces on your platform are often misleading or partially incorrect

at file.jl:167
ERROR: test error during :((ispath(file)==false))
stat: No error
 in systemerror at error.jl:38
 in fill! at array.jl:178
 in stat at stat.jl:40

at file.jl:167
at C:\Users\karbarcca\julia\test\runtests.jl:21

make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
Makefile:272: recipe for target 'testall' failed
make: *** [testall] Error 2

C:\Users\karbarcca\julia>