Danish Jules Verne Society (DanskJules Verne Selskab)

BGYKrauth

Apr 10, 2024, 5:21:22 PMApr 10
to JV Forum NEU

Hi,

it is not a surprise that, since Henrik died in 2020, the Danish Verne-Society (Danske Jules Verne Selskab) was more or less on zero ... Due to the fact, that also his "follower" is hidden by illness and other active Danish members are apparently not in the ability to be active as needed it will be only a question of (short?) time that the website of and the Danish Society itself will be offline / shut down in a attendant time. So, as the website contains a lot of informative and important things, it would be a good idea if somebody is going to save the important contents of this website for further use ... It is a real source for Scandinavian Verne-related research, Scandinavian (not only Danish) reception, literary research, ... if somebody will do this and give it as a (zipped) Download-file available, this would be very good!!!

All the best

Bernhard

--
mail from:

Bernhard Krauth

have a look at:

www.jules-verne-club.de
www.jules-verne.eu
www.bernhard-krauth.de
www.fnt.bernhard-krauth.de
www.bremerhavenpilot.de

Ariel Pérez Rodríguez

Apr 10, 2024, 5:33:13 PMApr 10
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bernhard,

I will do it.

Best,
Ariel

an...@julesverne.ca

Apr 10, 2024, 7:48:42 PMApr 10
to JV Forum NEU
I thought that Ariel would pipe up and he did. I'll take a look and see if i can save it too....for insurance.. Andrew

Apr 11, 2024, 11:56:51 AMApr 11
to Jules Verne Forum
Dear friends - thank you for caring
- I have shared your worries about this valuable research material.(thinking like Andrew regarding the 'Zvi Har’El -pages' a while back).
Therefore the complete website was "leeched" /downloaded and stored, 2 yrs ago, for safety reasons.
For, as observed, our web-site, 'The Scandinavian Jules Verne Portal' - owned by "Det Danske Jules Verne-selskab" (where I am a member, but not webmaster) has not been updated since just after the pandemic. Both web hotel and computers have had issues.
But, while the resource pages for collecting and book-history in the Nordic countries are not tended to, other activities among society members have continued. Noteworthy, Fellow JV-Forum member Lejf Rasmussen published his 7th (!) Verne translation (1st time into Danish) 18 Months ago: "Guldvulkanen" (Le Volcan d'Or): https://detpoetiskebureau.dk/vare/jules-verne-guldvulkanen/
Anyway, the collected resources will be made available in some form for future reference.
Best, Per Johan
jules-verne.no  /julesgverne.com
moesbok.com