Processing scanned stuff into PDF

RFOG

Jun 15, 2021, 3:12:05 AM6/15/21
to jules-ve...@googlegroups.com
All,

Starting with last James message, I have a license of Abbyy Fine Reader PRO 15 that is able to generate reasonable facsimile PDF, clean PDF and DOC files. It has an option that is called MRC that generates PDF like the Archive.org ones in size (very tiny), but with higher text quality if needed (it uses a lot of CPU to render text once PDF is generated).

If someone has scans and does not have access to a good OCR program I could process them for the community, generating

A) Completely facsimile PDF
B) "Cleaned" facsimile (background gets almost white improving readability)
C) Word documents (mostly for text correction).

Added to my shared link from James' message, we could create a good Verne electronic editions library.

Is up to you.

BTW, shared DropBox link is:

(Now it contains only James books).