remote source on autocomplete

Navecha

Apr 16, 2012, 4:58:39 PM4/16/12
to Juice UI
I've tried to call a remote data source in my autocomplete control,
but it does not seem to work.

<asp:TextBox ID="ArtBox" runat="server" Width="200"
autocomplete="off"></asp:TextBox>

<juice:Autocomplete ID="Autocomplete1" runat="server"
TargetControlID="ArtBox" Source="http://localhost:50491/ascx/
handler.ashx" />

The only option I get in the dropdown (I do get a dropdown) is "http://
localhost:50491/ascx/handler.ashx" I've just updated the code to
0.9.1.1 and it still does not work.

Andrew Powell (appendTo)

Apr 16, 2012, 5:02:44 PM4/16/12
to jui...@googlegroups.com
Looks like we have a glitch on the documentation page for the control (which I'll fix this week). But you should be using the SourceUrl property in this scenario. We had to separate the two because of the way jQuery UI handles multiple data types for the 'source' property on the autocomplete widget.

Navecha

Apr 16, 2012, 5:10:02 PM4/16/12
to Juice UI
Thank you for your quick answer, but when I use "SourceUrl" it give me
following error: Type 'Juice.Autocomplete' does not have a public
property named 'SourceUrl'. so now I'm a little stuck.

Andrew Powell (appendTo)

Apr 16, 2012, 5:13:47 PM4/16/12
to jui...@googlegroups.com

Roel Van Assche

Apr 17, 2012, 1:50:11 PM4/17/12
to jui...@googlegroups.com
apparently VS didn't update the library and was I still working on 0.9.0. All is well now.

Thanks