JSON2.js in IE7

Navecha

Apr 19, 2012, 5:26:53 AM4/19/12
to Juice UI
Dear,

When I open your site (and mine, becouse I'm using the controls) in
Internet Explorer 7, I get a javascript error :

<snip>
Juice requires JSON support. Please ensure json2.js is referenced for
downlevel browsers.
</snip>

the errorcode is thrown by a juice-js file.

Must I manualy reference these files? Will you update this in next
release?

thank you for yuor time,

Roel Van Assche

Andrew Powell (appendTo)

Apr 19, 2012, 9:23:22 AM4/19/12
to jui...@googlegroups.com
Most modern browsers support native JSON. Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox 3.1+, Safari 4+, Chrome 3+, and Opera 10.5+ support native JSON. Since native JSON is *much* faster, JuiceUI defaults to that whenever it is available.

For obsolete browsers which do not offer native JSON support, you must add a script tag with a path to the json2.js file manually. The Nuget package marks that as a dependency and it should already be present in the 'Scripts' directory.