Announcing 1.0.0

cjohansen

Feb 25, 2010, 6:25:39 PM2/25/10
to Juicer
Hi all,

I finally pushed Juicer 1.0.0 to Rubygems.org tonight! It's been a
while coming, and I've just been busy, so sorry about the delay.

1.0.0 is a less revolutionary release than you might think. Juicer
0.2.6 has been fairly stable for quite some time, and have solved most
of the problems I set out to solve with Juicer. 1.0.0 does have some
new features though, most of which were contributed by other people
than me, something I am truly thankful for. Thanks for helping make
Juicer an awesome tool!

Some highlights include:

juicer
Closure Compiler support, i.e. juicer merge -m closure_compiler
Ruby 1.9 compatible
@depend (JavaScript) and @import (CSS) supports depending on
directories
Lots of developer focused minor improvements
Minor bug fixes

A brief changelog is available here: http://github.com/cjohansen/juicer/blob/master/History.txt

Get it with gem install juicer.

If you notice any problems, do let me know or fork Juicer on Github
and patch it up!

Christia

cjohansen

Feb 25, 2010, 6:27:22 PM2/25/10
to Juicer
Crap, email was sent before I finished it. Morgan Roderick also
implemented image embedding for Juicer 1.0.0, which is perhaps the
most exciting new feature. A description of it use can be found on:
http://github.com/cjohansen/juicer

Christian