Bug with juicing a CSS file with @imports and CSS and applying CacheBuster

robertbeal

Jan 14, 2010, 6:25:16 AM1/14/10
to Juicer
Possible small bug.

We have a css file "main.css", for example:

@import 'form.css';
@import 'icons.css';

.small-action-button span {
display: table-cell;
height:16px;
vertical-align: top;
padding: 0;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-image: url('/images/buttons/small-action-button.png'); }

Ie, it basically has imports at the top, but also has some CSS below
it.

We're juicing with CacheBuster off (-c none). The @import files all
get juiced fine when being merged into "main.min.css".

However, the css in "main.css" still seems to get CacheBusted. ?
jcb=xxxx is being appended to the images. It conflicts with how we're
versioning our images.

Not a huge pain, as we can just move the css in "main.css" into an
@import and it'll all work fine. So lower priority in that sense. Just
letting you know though incase the fix is easy.

Rob.

Christian Johansen

Jan 20, 2010, 2:21:46 PM1/20/10
to juice...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out and eventually fix it. Sorry for the somewhat slow tempo on Juicer, but I'm kinda swamped with work and a writing project these days. Will keep you posted!

Christian
--
MVH
Christian

Christian Johansen

Jan 22, 2010, 4:30:44 PM1/22/10
to juice...@googlegroups.com
I just tried this by recreating a similar project structure locally. However, I'm not seeing the same bug. Which version are you using? I tried this with 1.0-pre, so possibly it could've been solved as a nice side-effect of some internal reorganizing.

You can build a gem off the current master to see if your problem is resolved:

cd juicer
gem build
gem install pkg/juicer-0.9.9.gem

Let me know how it works out!