Installation woes

Kev

Feb 16, 2010, 2:12:18 PM2/16/10
to Juicer
I am trying to install Juicer using the following steps:

sudo gem install juicer
juicer install yui_compressor
juicer install jslint

however installing jslint fails with the following,:

http://pastie.org/827573

I saw someone had created a gist of this exact error message before,
am I missing something?

Thanks,

MRoderick

Feb 17, 2010, 8:25:29 AM2/17/10
to Juicer
Which version(s) of Ruby are you running?

Kev

Feb 17, 2010, 9:39:08 AM2/17/10
to Juicer
ruby 1.8.7 on osx 10.6.2.

Christian Johansen

Feb 17, 2010, 5:30:51 PM2/17/10
to juice...@googlegroups.com
This seems odd. Could it be some way that FileUtils is missing from your Ruby installation?

Christian
--
MVH
Christian

remi_janot

Feb 23, 2010, 12:21:55 PM2/23/10
to Juicer
Hi,

I've exactly the same problem. I've verified on my system, i've
fileutil installed.
I'm running ubuntu 9.10 / ruby 1.8.7.

http://pastie.org/private/enzaswqngaisxk5z4vtg

Does this problem have already a solution ? which one ?

Thanks

Rémi

remi_janot

Feb 24, 2010, 5:52:21 AM2/24/10
to Juicer
Hi !

I've corrected this problem on my local juicer installation

On line 4 of /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/juicer-0.2.6/lib/juicer/install/
jslint_installer.rb , I've added
require "ftools"

Thanks for your great app !

Rémi