Unable to migrate to J15

1 view

Ginza

Aug 14, 2009, 1:06:24 AM8/14/09
to jug...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,

My name is Ginza, am currently staying in New Delhi.

Thank you for your positive response from my test email.

I have been using Joomla 1.0 since 2006. I have tried many time to migrate to the new Joomla 1.5.x but failed due to our huge database. Every time I've tried the migration I got the '500 internal server error'. My SQL database that has been generated for the migration is about 65MB.

I am wondering if anyone could help me with this. Otherwise I will  be stuck with the old Joomla 1.0 as I cannot lose my datas.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Ginza Vualzong | Email: gi...@zogam.com  | Phone: +91 - 987 - 1927322 | Address: 21A, Bersarai, New Delhi 110016.

Parth Lawate

Sep 19, 2009, 7:55:07 AM9/19/09
to Joomla User Group Pune
Hello Ginza,

A 500 Internal server error will usually come as the script you are
running might have performed a illegal operation not permitted by that
server. For example Bluehost will give an internal server error when
file permissions are not safe.

In this case i will suggest either find what is causing the server to
return this error. Writing to your hosting company should get you a
list of causes which will help you troubleshoot.

Or easier way out, take a backup of the site, set it up on localhost &
then do the migration.

Parth