are you using Joomla 2.5?

j. Tim Denny

Jun 11, 2012, 11:59:57 PM6/11/12
to JUGCAM
friends

I am working with three  universities in Laos on an Asian Development Bank project. We initially installed Joomla  1.5 for their websites as  2.5 was not yet out.  Anyhow it is time to make the transition as 1.5  is no lnger supported.   One of the issues we have encountered is the lack of Joomfish support for v2.5   I instead have installed Falang  http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/languages/multi-lingual-content/18210  and it seems to be working just fine.

Cheers
Tim
__________________________________
j. Tim  Denny, Ph.D.
 Consultant - International Development, Education  and ICT
  SKYPE - jtdenny    Googletalk - denny.jt

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtdenny

https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/id130765695
“Books will soon be obsolete in schools … Our school system will be completely changed in the next 10 years.” ~ Thomas Edison, 1913

Sovann Heng

Jun 12, 2012, 12:05:50 AM6/12/12
to jug...@googlegroups.com
Tim,
We can use joomla core language switcher for 2.5.4 soon will be 2.5.5 without any third party extension, we also don't be worry about future update or upgrade.
eg demo at http://www.mysteres-mekong.com

Best Regards,

Sovann Heng (ហេង សុវណ្ណ)

j Tim

Jun 12, 2012, 11:50:16 PM6/12/12
to jug...@googlegroups.com
I have not seen a good comparison of using Falang to the core language switcher.  Please do provide a clear list of differences.  as I read the list of features for Falang  I then wonder if the core functionality will do everything that Falang does...    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/languages/multi-lingual-content/18210